Forward Looking Information
Certain statements in the materials posted on this website are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements reflect the Company’s current views with respect to, among other things, its future operations and financial performance, expected growth, its ability to support its planned business operation on a near- and long-term basis and its outlook. These forward looking statements are generally identified by words or phrases, such as “anticipate”, “estimate”, “plan”, “project”, “expect”, “believe”, “intend”, “foresee”, “forecast”, “will”, “may”, “should,” “outlook,” “continue,” “intend,” “aim” and similar words or phrases.
Reported results should not be considered an indication of future performance, and actual results may differ materially from the results predicted due to risks and uncertainties including:
- the Company’s ability to achieve our global business strategy and compete effectively in the beauty industry;
- the Company’s ability to anticipate, gauge and respond to market trends and consumer preferences, which may change rapidly;
- the Company’s ability to identify suitable acquisition targets and managerial, integration, operational and financial risks associated with those acquisitions;
- risks related to our international operations, including foreign political, regulatory, economic and reputational risks;
- the Company’s dependence on certain licenses, entities performing outsourced functions and third-party suppliers;
- the Company’s and its brand partners’ and licensors’ ability to obtain, maintain and protect the intellectual property rights used in its products and its abilities to protect its respective reputations;
- impairments to the Company’s goodwill and other assets;
- global political and/or economic uncertainties or disruptions, including a general economic downturn, the debt crisis and economic environment in Europe, a sudden disruption in business conditions affecting consumer purchases of the Company’s products, volatility in the financial markets and fluctuations in currency exchange rates;
- the Company’s ability to manage seasonal variability;
- consolidation among retailers, shifts in consumers’ preferred distribution channels, and other changes in the retail environment in which the Company sells its products;
- disruptions in operations;
- increasing dependency on information technology and the Company’s ability to protect against service interruptions, data corruption, cyber-based attacks or network security breaches;
- changes in laws, regulations and policies that affect the Company’s business or products;
- market acceptance of new product introductions; and
- the illegal distribution and sale by third parties of counterfeit versions of the Company’s products.
More information about potential risks and uncertainties that could affect the Company’s business and financial results is included under “Risk Factors” and “Management Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” in the Company’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, subsequent Quarterly Report(s) on Form 10-Q, and other periodic reports the Company may file with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time.
The Company assumes no responsibility to update forward-looking statements made herein or